Travel Short Film 'Alive' by Alessandro Rovere

The 'Making Of' of a film has become a category in itself. Share, discuss and view 'Making of's here

parambyte
Site Admin

Travel Short Film 'Alive' by Alessandro Rovere

Post by parambyte »

TRAVEL-SHORTFILM "ALIVE“

The biggest adventure of our lives. We travel three weeks through the north of the indian Himalayas. Through jungle, desert, forest and snow. We make it up to 5000mt, where we sleep in our tents under the brightest stars. Around us the summits of the 6000mt giants. In our hearts, the impressions of one of the most exciting cultures, of our world. The air get´s thinner but our minds become razorsharp. This is not just a physical adventure. It´s also a mental journey to our inner selfs. I´m alive!

Film:
https://vimeo.com/192417650

The film's FaceBook Page is here.

The film is directed and shot by Alessandro Rovere.

Facts:
Length: 3:24 mins
Director, Camera, Edit, Sounddesign & Voice Over by Alessandro Rovere
Final Soundmix by Studio Funk Dí¼sseldorf

Person:
Alessandro Rovere is a 32 years old director, editor & photographer from Berlin, Germany. Besides loving to travel he works as a freelancer for international filmproductions as well as advertising agencies.

Story:
Our journey took us over three weeks from Himachal Pradesh to Kashmir. I went on this trip with a backpacking-startup and it was the first trip of this kind for me. The adventure started at around 2000mt. altitude in Shimla and led us through the jungle-like hillsides of Bashal Peak, the forests of Sangla - spooky covered in fog, the stone- and snowdeserts of Spiti-Valley and finally to the wild of Kashmir. We bushwhacked our path over and under fallen trees, took a bath in an icecold mountain lake and prayed with the monks of the oldest buddhist monastery of India. The hands and feet were cold but the hearts were warm.
To live up to all the aspects of this trip in just 3 minutes is nearly impossible. So I decided to focus on that feeling it gave me and that I still carry around with me. The feeling of the moment. Here and now. No need for tomorrow or yesterday. Contemplating the universe and myself in it. Leaving behind the complexity and getting back to the simple things. Breathing in…and out. The feeling of being alive, this - for me - is the essence of traveling and the essence of this film.

I hope that I could catch your interest and make you feel at least a little bit, of what I felt and still carry inside.
Of course I´m always available for a personal talk!

Thanks for your attention & time
Alessandro Rovere

Contact
Alessandro Rovere
+491748888 674
Email: mail@alessandro-rovere.de
http://www.alessandro-rovere.de

Return to “The Making Of”