How to send your email reel

General discussions related to films, shooting, careers in this Industry, film schools etc

Team

How to send your email reel

Post by Team »

A lot of people with good work often cant land plenty of gigs because their reels are hap-hazard unsightly.

The best way to have a reel is to create a simple channel/account on YouTube or Vimeo and send your link as:

www.vimeo.com/YourName or www.youtube.com/YourName

This is easy to remember.

Once the person reaches your link, they should be able to see neatly organised and named videos.

The name of the project and year must be well mentioned as the title of the video. And in the description, do mention details about the project for example Director or Production Company/Advertising Agency or client worked for. Often your prospective clients judge you based on who you have worked for.'

You must tag your videos well. When uploading, both YouTube and Vimeo allow you to add tags. Use every tag that you think people will search for while looking for the kind of video you have made. Suggested tags could be "your name, yourname, yourshortname, client, film, musicvideo, TVC, adfilm, trailer, filmname, actorname, directorname, comedy, colour, color, blackandwhite, bw, anamorphic, hindi, marathi" etc etc.

You will know what tags work best for your video.

When sending your reel, ensure you send it with your contact details attached as signature of the email. And write a small cover note as well.

Dear So and So

Thanks for considering me for your project.

You can find my reel at www.vimeo.com/yourname

Specificially, for the project we have discussued you should see the following videos:

video 01 link

video 02 link

video 03 link

Thanks

Would love to work on this project. As of now, I am available on these dates.

Your Name

Your Phone Number

The DesiShoots Support & Editorial Team

Return to “General Discussions”