Crickets on Location

All discussions related to sound, sync-sound, audiographers and equipment etc.

AuralMason

Crickets on Location

Post by AuralMason »

Hi guys,

I had gone on location to find loud crickets coming from multiple areas and  giving me hell in my tracks. what are the possible ways of dealing with them on location. i have taken ambience tones.

Advice is appreciated. thanks

Team

Crickets on Location

Post by Team »

For starters EQing will help you retrieve some clean recording.

Also try SpectralRepair a software that helps you deal with this.

"

Spectral Repair in iZotope RX 6 is the key to discovering what your waveform won't show you. Use familiar drawing tools to identify and select problem frequencies and unwanted sounds. Salvage unusable material by filling in audio gaps instantly. With a unique visualization and a variety of selection tools at your fingertips, Spectral Repair lets you get closer to your audio—and take a hands-on approach to repairing and enhancing it.

Once a problem sound has been identified, the Spectral Repair algorithms—available in the module or Instant Process Tool—are able to resynthesize the audio while taking into consideration tonal harmonics, nonlinear pitch changes like vibrato, background noise characteristics, and transient events. With the power of these tools, you can remove or attenuate unwanted, interfering sounds—from barking dogs and breath noises to string squeaks, fret noise, and missed/wrong notes. RX 6 Advanced includes a multi-resolution mode that more accurately separates unwanted noise and desired audio."

The DesiShoots Support & Editorial Team

Suraj Roy

Crickets on Location

Post by Suraj Roy »

I too have heard about Spectral Repair. Good tools...

s_meera1

Crickets on Location

Post by s_meera1 »

@AuralMason you could also try this thread here.

I have often used Audacity to clean up tracks.

Return to “Audiography”